Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether Urolithin A supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy Urolithin Asupplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
Urolithin A is a compound that comes to life in your gut after you eat certain foods, mainly pomegranates and berries. You can also find it in supplement form these days. It’s been studied for its ability to rejuvenate cells, giving them a longer, healthier life. It also shows promise in helping muscle function and has been linked to a longer lifespan. This article will the health benefits of Urolithin A and the science that backs up these claims.
What Is Urolithin A?
Urolithin A is a unique compound generated in the gut through microbiome activity. It is the end result of a complex metabolic pathway that starts when you consume foods rich in ellagitannins, like pomegranates, raspberries, and walnuts. Your gut bacteria play a crucial role in breaking down these ellagitannins, transforming them into other compounds before finally producing Urolithin A.
This metabolic process highlights the importance of a healthy and diverse gut microbiome. The bacteria needed to convert ellagitannins into Urolithin A aren’t present in everyone’s gut, which means that not everyone can naturally produce this compound. For those who can’t, supplements are an available option.
The exact bacterial strains that produce Urolithin A aren’t fully identified. The compound comes from a complex process involving multiple gut bacteria. Research is still ongoing to find out which strains are key players.
While the health benefits of Urolithin A are exciting, the story really begins with the foods you eat and the bacteria in your gut. These two factors come together to create this compound, underscoring the interconnectedness of diet, gut health, and overall well-being.
What Are the Benefits of Urolithin A?
- Cellular Health: Urolithin A activates autophagy, a process that cleans out damaged cells, promoting cellular rejuvenation.
- Muscle Function: Preliminary research suggests that Urolithin A can improve muscle endurance and reduce fatigue, making it of interest for both age-related muscle decline and athletic performance. [PMC8777576]
- Lifespan Extension: Animal studies have shown that Urolithin A can extend the life of certain organisms, although more research is needed to confirm this effect in humans.
- Anti-Inflammatory Effects: Some studies indicate that Urolithin A has anti-inflammatory properties, which can benefit general well-being.
- Antioxidant Properties: Urolithin A acts as an antioxidant, helping to fight off oxidative stress that can damage cells.
Foods That Support the Production of Urolithin A
Urolithin A originates in the gut, where it’s synthesized from ellagitannins. These are a type of polyphenol found in certain foods. Incorporating these foods into your diet can help support the production of Urolithin A, provided you have the right gut bacteria for the job.
- Pomegranates: Perhaps the most well-known source of ellagitannins, pomegranates are a rich and delicious way to promote Urolithin A production. Both the seeds and the juice are good options.
- Berries: Raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries are not just tasty but also contain a good amount of ellagitannins. They can be consumed fresh, frozen, or even as a jam.
- Walnuts: Walnuts are another excellent source of ellagitannins. Eating a handful of these nuts can contribute to your body’s ability to produce Urolithin A.
- Oak-Aged Beverages: Drinks like certain types of wine and whiskey that have been oak-aged may contain ellagitannins, due to the tannins in the oak barrels they’re stored in.
- Other Fruits: Some lesser-known fruits also contain ellagitannins. These include cloudberries, and certain types of grapes.
By including these foods in your food routine, you’re giving your gut bacteria the raw materials they need to produce Urolithin A. Again, it’s important to note that not everyone’s gut microbiome can convert ellagitannins into Urolithin A, which is where supplements can come into play. Unfortunately, there are no clinically available tests to find out your ability to produce Urolithin A.
Is Urolithin A Safe?
If you decide to purchase a Urolithin A supplement, buy directly from a reputable company rather than an online marketplace. This reduces the risk of low-quality or counterfeit products. Urolithin A is safe when consumed through natural sources like pomegranates and berries. In supplement form, it has been well-tolerated in various clinical trials, showing no significant adverse effects at commonly used dosages. Its favorable safety profile makes it an appealing option for those interested in its array of health benefits.
Medication and Supplement Interactions with Urolithin A
There is limited information available on specific medications or supplements that interact with Urolithin A. Most of the research focuses on its benefits rather than interactions. Therefore, a comprehensive list of medications that interact with Urolithin A is not readily available. Always exercise caution when combining any supplement with medication.
When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content.
Thank you for your support!
Order Urolithin A
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
RENUAL® by Pure Encapsulations
Mitochondrial renewal featuring MitopureTM Urolithin A to power muscle function, increase cellular energy and promote healthy aging‡ Suggested Use: Take 2 capsules, 1-2 times daily, with or between meals.
Amount Per 2 Capsule Serving
Mitopure™ Urolithin A … 250 mg
Trans-Resveratrol … 150 mg (from Japanese knotweed (Polygonum cuspidatum) extract (root))
Coenzyme Q10 … 60 mg
To Sum It Up
Urolithin A offers a range of health benefits that make it an intriguing focus of ongoing research. From promoting cellular health through autophagy to its potential role in improving muscle function, this compound is gathering interest for its multi-faceted effects on well-being. Its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties add more layers to its appeal. Overall, Urolithin A stands out for its diverse health benefits and favorable safety profile.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.