Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether L-Theanine supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy supplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
L-Theanine is a natural compound renowned for its relaxation and focus-enhancing properties. In this article, we will explore the science behind L-Theanine and its potential benefits in promoting calmness and mental clarity. Whether you’re seeking a natural way to reduce stress or enhance concentration, L-Theanine holds promise. Additionally, we will provide valuable insights on where to buy L-Theanine, ensuring you can easily access this remarkable supplement. Join us as we delve into the world of L-Theanine and uncover its potential for enhancing well-being and cognitive performance.
What Is L-Theanine?
L-Theanine is a natural compound found primarily in tea leaves, particularly green tea. It is known for its calming and relaxing properties, without causing drowsiness. L-Theanine has gained attention for its potential benefits in promoting relaxation, reducing stress, and enhancing focus and mental clarity.
When consumed, L-Theanine stimulates the production of alpha brain waves, which are associated with a state of wakeful relaxation and improved attention. It also influences the levels of certain neurotransmitters in the brain, such as dopamine and serotonin, which play a role in mood regulation.
L-Theanine is often used as a dietary supplement to support stress management and promote a sense of calmness. It can be found in various forms, including capsules, tablets, and as an ingredient in calming tea blends or functional beverages.
It is important to note that while L-Theanine is generally well-tolerated, it may interact with certain medications or have mild side effects in some individuals. It is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before adding L-Theanine to your supplement routine, especially if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking other medications.
Overall, L-Theanine offers a natural and gentle way to promote relaxation and support mental well-being, making it a popular choice for those seeking a non-drowsy calming effect.
What are the Benefits of L-Theanine?
- Promotes Relaxation: L-Theanine is known for its calming properties and its ability to promote relaxation without causing drowsiness. It can help reduce feelings of stress and anxiety, allowing for a sense of calmness.
- Anxiety and Stress: A review stated that published data suggests that L-theanine given at daily doses ranging from 200 to 400 mg reduce anxiety and stress effects in short-term and chronic conditions. [PMID: 31412272]
- Supports Mental Clarity: L-Theanine has been shown to enhance cognitive function and mental clarity. It can help improve focus, attention, and concentration, making it beneficial for tasks that require mental alertness. In a randomized trial where people were given 200 mg of L-Theonine, findings suggest that L-theanine has the potential to promote mental health in people with stress-related ailments and cognitive impairments. [PMC6836118]
- Reduces Depression, Stress and Anxiety: L-Theanine has a positive impact on stress management by reducing stress and anxiety levels. It can help modulate the body’s stress response and promote a sense of well-being. [PMC6836118] [PMC3518171] [PMID: 31758301]
- Enhances Sleep Quality: L-Theanine has been found to improve sleep quality by promoting relaxation and reducing anxiety. It may help individuals fall asleep faster and experience more restful sleep. L-theanine works particularly well when combined with GABA. [PMC6366437]
- Boosts Mood: L-Theanine influences neurotransmitters in the brain, such as dopamine and serotonin, which play a role in regulating mood. It may help uplift mood and contribute to a more positive outlook.
- Supports Cardiovascular Health: L-Theanine has been studied for its potential cardiovascular benefits. It may help lower blood pressure and improve vascular function, promoting a healthier cardiovascular system.
- Antioxidant Properties: L-Theanine possesses antioxidant properties, which can help protect cells from oxidative damage caused by harmful free radicals. This antioxidant activity may contribute to overall health and well-being.
Food Sources of L-Theanine
The amino acid L-Theanine is present in green and black tea in modest amounts. Green tea contains about 20-60 mg per 8-ounce cup and black tea is slightly less, around 20-30 mg per cup. In contrast, L-theanine supplements offer a much higher concentration, typically ranging from 100 mg to 400 mg per serving. Yet, it bears consideration that the act of drinking tea – savoring its taste and the calming ritual involved – also contributes to relaxation, beyond the L-Theanine content.
Calm The Jitters From Caffeine
L-Theanine is known for its potential ability to modulate some of the negative effects of caffeine, such as jitters or increased heart rate. Combining L-Theanine with caffeine supplements or beverages may result in a more balanced and smoother energy boost. It is recommended to adjust caffeine intake based on individual tolerance and preferences.
Is L-Theanine Safe?
L-Theanine supplements are generally considered safe and well-tolerated by most individuals. As a naturally occurring amino acid found in tea, L-Theanine has a long history of consumption with no significant adverse effects reported at typical supplemental dosages, which range from 100 to 400 mg per day. Studies have shown that even at these higher doses, L-Theanine does not tend to cause serious side effects, making it a favorable option for those seeking natural stress relief and improved sleep quality.
Medication Interactions with L-Theanine
- Antidepressant Medications: L-Theanine may interact with certain antidepressant medications, particularly those that affect serotonin levels. This interaction can potentially enhance the effects of these medications, leading to an increased risk of serotonin syndrome. It is crucial to consult with a healthcare professional before combining L-Theanine with antidepressants.
- Anti-anxiety Medications: L-Theanine may have synergistic effects with certain anti-anxiety medications, potentially intensifying their calming properties. It is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the optimal combination and dosage.
- Sedatives or Sleep Aids: L-Theanine may interact with sedatives or sleep aids, potentially enhancing their effects. This interaction can increase the risk of excessive drowsiness or sedation.
- Blood Pressure Medications: L-Theanine has been reported to lower blood pressure. Combining L-Theanine with medications intended to lower blood pressure, such as antihypertensive drugs, may enhance this effect. It is important to monitor blood pressure levels closely to avoid excessively low blood pressure.
- Stimulant Medications: L-Theanine may interact with stimulant medications, such as amphetamines or caffeine-based drugs. It may counteract some of the stimulant effects or reduce their effectiveness. Adjustments in medication dosage or timing may be necessary, and consulting with a healthcare professional is recommended.
Supplement Interactions with L-Theanine.
- Melatonin: L-Theanine may interact with melatonin supplements, commonly used for sleep support. The combination of L-Theanine and melatonin can potentially enhance relaxation and promote restful sleep.
- GABA (Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid): L-Theanine has been reported to have synergistic effects with GABA, a neurotransmitter associated with relaxation and calmness. Combining L-Theanine with GABA supplements may potentially enhance their calming properties.
- Other Relaxation or Calming Supplements: L-Theanine is often combined with other relaxation or calming supplements, such as valerian root or chamomile. These combinations can provide enhanced relaxation benefits.
When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content.
Thank you for your support!
Buy L-Theanine Supplements Online
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
- Relaxed but Alert Mental State*
- Cognitive Support*
L-Theanine is an amino acid shown to be the constituent responsible for the calming properties of green tea.* L-Theanine can cross the blood-brain barrier and enhances healthy alpha brain-wave activity, which is associated with a relaxed, but alert state.* At the same time, L-Theanine helps to support the health of brain cells exposed to typical stimulation from excitatory neurotransmitters and promotes normal dopamine and GABA release.* Clinical studies have shown that L-Theanine can support relaxation without drowsiness and promotes healthy cognitive function.*
Take 1 capsule 1 to 2 times daily as needed, or as directed by your healthcare practitioner.
Serving Size: One Veg Capsule
Amount Per Serving
L-Theanine … 200mg*
Inositol … 100mg*
Other Ingredients: Vegetable Polysaccharide (capsule), Magnesium Stearate (vegetable source) and Silica.
Although this article discusses supplements in detail, don’t forget that we are absolutely committed to the “Food First” approach to nutrition. When it comes to your health, the totality of your eating habits far surpasses the impact of individual nutrients or any single supplement you consume. Even though this article doesn’t delve into the broader picture of your overall diet, it’s crucial to keep this element at the forefront of our minds. Your food needs to provide all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals to nourish your body systems down to the cellular level.
Food choices, rather than supplements, are the most critical factors for a healthy gut microbiome. These trillions of tiny inhabitants in your gut affect your brain waves; they orchestrate your immune system. They possess the power to create molecules that can switch genes on or off and are even capable of synthesizing neurotransmitters. Opting for organic foods and steering clear of plastic packaging (including those labeled BPA-free) is a smart move to limit toxin exposure. The sum of all these parts leads to a powerful conclusion: the ultimate key to your health lies in the quality and balance of the food you consume. Supplements are secondary.
To Sum It Up
L-Theanine offers a natural solution for promoting relaxation and focus. Its unique properties make it a popular choice for individuals seeking to reduce stress and improve mental clarity. Throughout this article, we have explored the science behind L-Theanine, its potential benefits, and its role in enhancing well-being. If you’re interested in incorporating L-Theanine into your routine, knowing where to buy L-Theanine is crucial. Quality and reliable sources ensure you can experience the full benefits of this remarkable compound. Remember to consult with a healthcare professional and consider reputable retailers when purchasing L-Theanine to support your journey toward a calmer and more focused state of mind.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.