Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether Myo-inositol supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy supplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
Read about the wide-ranging health benefits of myo-inositol supplements. Backed by extensive research, this naturally occurring compound holds promise for improving everything from insulin sensitivity to mental well-being. In the following article, we’ll explore how this versatile supplement works, its key advantages, and what science says about its effectiveness.
And if myoinositol is right for you, this article will show you the best place to buy myoinositol supplements online. Whether you’re considering adding myoinositol to your health regimen or just curious about its potential, we’re here to guide you through the details.
What is Myo-inositol
Myo-inositol is a type of sugar that is naturally produced in the body and can also be found in certain foods, such as fruits, beans, and nuts. It is sometimes referred to as a B vitamin, although it is not technically a vitamin.
Myo-inositol is important for a variety of functions in the body, such as cell growth and differentiation, insulin signaling, and neurotransmitter activity. It has been studied for its potential benefits in a variety of health conditions, such as polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), anxiety, and depression.
Research has shown that myoinositol may help to regulate insulin levels and improve insulin sensitivity, which can be beneficial for people with PCOS and other insulin-resistant conditions. It may also help to improve menstrual irregularities and other symptoms associated with PCOS.
In addition, myoinositol has been studied for its potential benefits in reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression. Some studies have shown that it may help to improve mood and decrease symptoms of anxiety in certain populations.
Myo-inositol is generally considered safe when taken in recommended doses, although it may cause side effects such as nausea or diarrhea in some people. If you’re considering taking myoinositol supplements, it’s important to talk to your doctor first to discuss potential benefits and risks.
What are the Health Benefits of Myo-inositol?
- Hormonal Balance and Reproductive Health: Myoinositol plays a critical role in reproductive health, particularly for those dealing with conditions like Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS). It helps to improve insulin resistance, a factor often linked with PCOS, thereby aiding in hormonal balance and improving ovarian function. It is also associated with reduced risk for gestational diabetes. [PMC8227031]
- Metabolic Health: Myoinositol can improve insulin sensitivity, making it a supportive treatment for metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes. Better insulin sensitivity may lead to improved blood sugar control, reduced lipid levels, and weight loss in some cases. [PMC5027050]
- Cognitive Function: Preliminary research shows that Myo-Inositol may also have neuroprotective effects, potentially helping to improve focus, cognition, and overall brain function. While more research is needed, this could be a game-changer in the treatment of cognitive decline. [PMC7554709]
- Thyroid Support: For those with Hashimoto’s thyroiditis or other thyroid-related issues, Myo-Inositol can support thyroid function. Studies show that combining Myo-Inositol with selenium can significantly decrease TSH, TPOAb, and TgAb levels, enhancing thyroid hormones and general well-being. [PMC5331475]
- Depression, Anxiety, and Mood Support: Myoinositol has shown promise in the treatment of depression. Its role in neurotransmitter signaling, specifically affecting serotonin levels, suggests that it may help lift mood and alleviate some symptoms of depression. Studies have shown that supplementing with Myo-Inositol can be a beneficial adjunct to conventional antidepressant medications. [PMID: 24424706] Yet, not all researchers believe that support is strong enough to warrant a recommendation yet. [PMC9955821]
- Improved Sperm Motility: Researchers in a study of 37 men that “the use of Myo-inositol is efficient enough to change sperm parameters to increase the chance of fertility.” [PMC6844281]
Food Sources of Myoinositol
Here’s a table showing different food sources of myo-inositol along with the amount present in each food. Myo-inositol is a nutrient that’s important for our body. It helps keep our cells healthy and plays a role in how our body uses insulin.
|Myo-Inositol Content Per Serving
|485 mg per medium orange
|225 mg per cup
|285 mg per medium grapefruit
|610 mg per cup
|235 mg per cup
|Whole Wheat Bread
|180 mg per slice
|355 mg per cup
|Beans (Navy, Black)
|165 mg per cup
|141 mg per cup
|155 mg per ounce
Is Myo-inositol Safe?
Myoinositol is generally considered safe for most people and is well-tolerated when taken in recommended doses. This naturally occurring sugar alcohol is even found in many foods we eat regularly, like fruits and beans. Side effects are uncommon and usually mild, including digestive issues like nausea or diarrhea, which often go away as your body adjusts. It’s also considered safe to take alongside other supplements and medications for most people. Overall, myoinositol has a solid safety profile, making it an approachable choice for those looking to enhance their well-being.
Medication Interactions with Myoinositol
- Antidepressants: Taking myoinositol with certain antidepressants like SSRIs could amplify the effects of the medication, affecting your mood and serotonin levels.
- Anti-Anxiety Medications: Myoinositol may have calming effects, so combining it with anti-anxiety meds like benzodiazepines might increase their potency.
- Blood Pressure Medications: Since myoinositol can have an effect on blood vessel function, it might interact with medications meant to control blood pressure.
- Insulin and Diabetes Medications: Myoinositol is involved in insulin signaling and may affect blood sugar levels, so taking it with diabetes medications could alter their effectiveness.
- Hormonal Contraceptives: Some evidence suggests myoinositol can affect hormone levels, which might interact with birth control pills or hormone replacement therapy.
- Antipsychotic Medications: Myoinositol could potentially interact with medications that affect neurotransmitter levels, such as antipsychotic drugs.
Supplement Interactions with Myoinositol
- Folic Acid: Myoinositol is often taken with folic acid for fertility benefits, but the combination could affect how each one works.
- Melatonin: Both supplements are sometimes used for sleep and mood support, so combining them may amplify these effects.
- Magnesium: Like myoinositol, magnesium can have an impact on mood and nerve function, and taking both could intensify these effects.
- Vitamin D: Myoinositol and Vitamin D both play roles in hormone balance, and taking them together could interact with these systems.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Both supplements can affect inflammation and mood, so combining them may alter their individual benefits.
- Zinc: Both zinc and myoinositol are involved in insulin regulation, so taking them together could have an impact on blood sugar levels.
When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content.
Thank you for your support!
Order Myoinositol Online
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
Research Dose: 2 grams/day for PCOS, Insulin Resistance, prevention of GDM, or 4 gm/day for infertility
Myoinositol (Powder) by Pure Encapsulations
Manufacturer Description: Inositol is formulated to support healthy central nervous system function. As a result, Inostiol may lessen mild and occasional nervous tension and support healthy mood, emotional wellness and behavior.*
- Supports emotional wellness, behavior and mood*
- Promotes healthy ovarian function*
- Convenient powder formula for easy dispensing
- Made with hypoallergenic, vegan ingredients
Inositol is a component of the B-complex family. Myo-inositol is the primary form of inositol found in the central nervous system. It plays an important role in cell membrane formation and serves as part of the phosphatidylinositol secondary messenger system, supporting serotonin, norepinenephrine and cholinergic receptor function. As a result, inositol may support healthy mood, emotional wellness and behavior, and help lessen occasional nervous tension. Research also suggests that myo-inositol may help to support healthy ovulatory activity, ovarian function, and reproductive system function.*
Take 2 scoops, 1–2 times daily, with or between meals, or as directed by a health professional.
Amount Per Two Scoop Serving
Inositol … 4.2g (as myo-inositol)
Myo-Inositol Supplement for Women and Men by Fairhaven Health
Supports a healthy menstrual cycle, hormone balance, egg quality and ovarian function in healthy women.* May also be used by men to support sperm health and male reproductive wellness.* Suggested Use: As a dietary supplement, take 4 capsules daily.
Amount Per 4 capsule Serving
Myo-Inositol … 2000mg
Although this article discusses supplements in detail, don’t forget that we are absolutely committed to the “Food First” approach to nutrition. When it comes to your health, the totality of your eating habits far surpasses the impact of individual nutrients or any single supplement you consume. Even though this article doesn’t delve into the broader picture of your overall diet, it’s crucial to keep this element at the forefront of our minds. Your food needs to provide all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals to nourish your body systems down to the cellular level.
Food choices, rather than supplements, are the most critical factors for a healthy gut microbiome. These trillions of tiny inhabitants in your gut affect your brain waves; they orchestrate your immune system. They possess the power to create molecules that can switch genes on or off and are even capable of synthesizing neurotransmitters. Opting for organic foods and steering clear of plastic packaging (including those labeled BPA-free) is a smart move to limit toxin exposure. The sum of all these parts leads to a powerful conclusion: the ultimate key to your health lies in the quality and balance of the food you consume. Supplements are secondary.
To Sum It Up
Extensive research supports the varied health benefits of myo-inositol supplements. These benefits range from improving insulin sensitivity and enhancing fertility in women with PCOS, to aiding in weight loss and reducing symptoms of anxiety and depression, all the way to supporting healthy brain function. This makes myo-inositol a versatile supplement with a broad range of applications. To get the most out of its use, consult with a registered dietitian for tailored advice.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.