Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether MSM supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy supplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
MSM, short for methylsulfonylmethane, is a naturally occurring sulfur compound that has been gaining attention for its array of health benefits. From joint health to reducing inflammation, MSM has various applications that could improve your well-being.
And if MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) supplements are right for you, this article will show you the best place to buy MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) online. Supplement-Sciences has partnered with Fullscript’s professional-grade supplement formulary to provide a 20% discount on every order, so you always have access to the highest quality supplements. In this article, we’ll show you the science behind MSM, exploring its benefits and how it works in the body.
What Is MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)?
MSM is a sulfur-containing compound that occurs naturally in plants, animals, and even in the human body. It’s also commonly synthesized in labs and available as dietary supplements. MSM has become popular for its various health benefits, including its ability to improve joint function, reduce inflammation, and accelerate post-exercise recovery. Often found in a powder or capsule form, MSM supplements are an easy way to incorporate this beneficial compound into your health regimen.
What Are the Benefits of MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)?
- Joint Health: MSM is often used as a dietary supplement to support joint health. It is believed to help reduce inflammation and pain associated with conditions like osteoarthritis. MSM may provide sulfur, which is essential for the formation of collagen, a key component of joints and connective tissues. [PMC5372953]
- Anti-Inflammatory: MSM has anti-inflammatory properties and may help reduce inflammation throughout the body. This can be particularly beneficial for individuals dealing with chronic inflammatory conditions. [PMC5372953]
- Hair and Skin Health: Some people use MSM supplements to promote healthy hair and skin. Sulfur, found in MSM, is important for the formation of keratin, a protein in hair and nails. MSM may help improve skin texture and reduce the appearance of wrinkles. [PMID: 32083522]
- Allergy Relief: There is some evidence to suggest that MSM might alleviate allergy symptoms by reducing inflammation in the respiratory tract. It may also help improve the body’s response to allergens. A blinded trial of patients with allergic rhinitis showed that those who took MSM 1 gram/day for 14 days showed with low-dose treatments decreasing symptoms by 53%. Statisticians calculated that the chances of this being a fluke were one in 1000. [PMC6293242]
- Exercise Recovery: Athletes and individuals engaged in physical activity sometimes use MSM to aid in post-exercise recovery. It is believed to reduce muscle soreness and promote tissue repair. [PMC3920715]
- Detoxification: Sulfur, as found in MSM, is important for various detoxification processes in the body, particularly in the liver. [PMC5372953]
Food Sources of MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
|Amount of MSM per Serving
|3.3 mg per cup
|1.5 mg per cup
|0.6 mg per medium tomato
|0.5 mg per ear
|1.2 mg per cup
|3.6 mg per cup (cooked)
|1.8 mg per cup
|1.4 mg per 6 spears
|Whole Grains (Oats)
|1.5 mg per cup (cooked)
|0.9 mg per 12 oz
Are MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) Supplements Safe?
MSM is generally considered safe for most people when taken at recommended dosages. It occurs naturally in the body and in many foods, making it a familiar compound to our systems. Numerous studies have tested MSM’s safety and found that it is well-tolerated, even at high doses. Side effects are rare but could include mild gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea or nausea. Overall, MSM has a strong safety profile and is commonly used without significant concerns for adverse effects.
Medication Interactions with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
- Blood Thinners (e.g., Warfarin): MSM may have a blood-thinning effect, which could enhance the action of anticoagulant medications.
- Anti-inflammatory Drugs (e.g., Ibuprofen, Naproxen): MSM has anti-inflammatory properties and might interact with these medications, possibly amplifying their effects.
- Diuretics (e.g., Hydrochlorothiazide): MSM can have a diuretic effect, potentially affecting the efficacy of other diuretic medications.
- Chemotherapy Drugs: Some speculate that the antioxidant effects of MSM could interfere with the action of certain chemotherapy medications, although definitive research is lacking.
Supplement Interactions with MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane)
- Glucosamine and Chondroitin: Often taken together for joint health, but combining them with MSM may amplify their effects.
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids: Both have anti-inflammatory properties, so taking them together could heighten this effect.
- Vitamin C: MSM improves the body’s ability to absorb nutrients, potentially enhancing the efficacy of vitamin C supplements.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Both have blood-thinning effects and could interact if taken together.
- Garlic and Ginger Supplements: These also have blood-thinning properties, so be cautious if combining with MSM.
- Magnesium: Both MSM and magnesium can have a laxative effect, so taking them together may increase this outcome.
Order MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) Online
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
MSM 1000mg by Vital Nutrients
• MSM 1000 mg promotes healthy joint mobility and function*
• Supports healthy tissues*
MSM 1000 mg provides methylsulfonylmethane, an odorless form of organic sulfur that is naturally occurring in small amounts in fruits, vegetables, grains, and animals. In vitro studies have suggested that MSM may act as an antioxidant.* MSM supports normal tissue function.* MSM supplements may also promote joint health by supporting healthy mobility and function, as well as by maintaining normal joint comfort.* MSM 1000 mg may also help promote stable cell membranes, healthy inflammatory balance and colon health.*
Packaging and labels may vary.
Suggested Use: Take 1 capsule, twice daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Amount Per capsule Serving
Methylsulfonylmethane … 1000mg (MSM)
MSM Powder by NOW Foods
MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is a sulfur-bearing compound that is naturally present in very small amounts in fruits, vegetables, grains, animal products, and some algae. Sulfur compounds are found in all body cells and are indispensable for life.* MSM, in its role in the body’s sulfur cycle, helps to create the chemical links needed to form and maintain numerous different types of structural tissues of the human body, including connective tissues, such as articular cartilage and skin.*
- Joint Sulfur for Connective Tissue*
- Supports Healthy Cartilage*
Take 1/2 teaspoon 1 to 2 times daily in juice or other liquid. If intestinal gas occurs, reduce dosage.
Serving Size: ½ Teaspoon (appx 1.8g)
Amount Per Serving
MSM Powder … 1.8g (1,800 mg)* (Methylsulphonylmethane)
Other Ingredients: None.
Although this article discusses supplements in detail, don’t forget that we are absolutely committed to the “Food First” approach to nutrition. When it comes to your health, the totality of your eating habits far surpasses the impact of individual nutrients or any single supplement you consume. Even though this article doesn’t delve into the broader picture of your overall diet, it’s crucial to keep this element at the forefront of our minds. Your food needs to provide all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals to nourish your body systems down to the cellular level.
Food choices, rather than supplements, are the most critical factors for a healthy gut microbiome. These trillions of tiny inhabitants in your gut affect your brain waves; they orchestrate your immune system. They possess the power to create molecules that can switch genes on or off and are even capable of synthesizing neurotransmitters. Opting for organic foods and steering clear of plastic packaging (including those labeled BPA-free) is a smart move to limit toxin exposure. The sum of all these parts leads to a powerful conclusion: the ultimate key to your health lies in the quality and balance of the food you consume. Supplements are secondary.
To Sum It Up
MSM supplements offer a range of health benefits that many find beneficial. From improving joint health to reducing inflammation and enhancing skin appearance, this naturally occurring compound has much to offer. Its strong safety profile makes it an option worth considering for those seeking to optimize well-being. Overall, MSM supplements hold promise for supporting a variety of health goals.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.