Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether lactase enzyme supplements for lactose intolerance might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy lactase enzyme supplements online through the secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
What Is Lactase?
Lactase is an essential enzyme naturally produced in the human small intestine. Its primary function is to break down lactose, the sugar found in milk and dairy products, into simpler sugars – glucose and galactose – which are easily absorbed by the body. This enzyme plays a crucial role in the digestive process for those who consume dairy.
However, many people lack sufficient amounts of lactase, a condition known as lactose intolerance. This deficiency leads to difficulties in digesting lactose, resulting in symptoms like bloating, gas, and diarrhea after consuming dairy products. Lactose intolerance can arise due to genetic factors or as a result of aging, as the body’s production of lactase typically decreases after childhood.
Lactase supplements, available in various forms such as tablets, capsules, and drops, are a solution for those with lactose intolerance. These supplements provide the lactase enzyme externally, helping to break down lactose in dairy products and thereby prevent the uncomfortable symptoms associated with lactose intolerance. By supplementing with lactase, individuals can enjoy dairy products without experiencing digestive discomfort.
What Are the Benefits of Lactase?
- Improves Lactose Digestion: Lactase supplements are essential for people with lactose intolerance, a condition where the body lacks the enzyme lactase needed to break down lactose. By taking these supplements, individuals can effectively digest lactose, thereby reducing or eliminating symptoms like gas, bloating, and diarrhea commonly experienced after consuming dairy products.
- Expands Dietary Choices: For those with lactose intolerance, consuming dairy can lead to discomfort and health issues. Lactase supplements open up a broader range of dietary options, allowing individuals to enjoy dairy products like milk, cheese, and yogurt without the fear of adverse reactions. This dietary flexibility can enhance the enjoyment of meals and ensure a more balanced intake of food varieties.
- Nutrient Absorption: Dairy products are an important source of nutrients such as calcium, vitamin D, and protein, which are essential for various bodily functions including bone health and muscle function. Lactase supplements enable those with lactose intolerance to absorb these nutrients more efficiently from dairy products, ensuring they don’t miss out on these key dietary components.
- Bone Health: Calcium, found abundantly in dairy products, is vital for maintaining strong bones and preventing conditions like osteoporosis. Lactase supplements make it possible for individuals with lactose intolerance to consume calcium-rich dairy products, thereby contributing to better bone health and reducing the risk of bone-related diseases.
- Supports Digestive Health: Regular use of lactase supplements can significantly improve overall digestive health for people with lactose intolerance. By aiding in the proper digestion of dairy products, these supplements help maintain a balanced and healthy gut environment, which is crucial for good digestive function and overall health.
- Reduces Bloating and Discomfort: Lactase supplements play a key role in alleviating common symptoms associated with lactose intolerance, such as bloating, gas, and stomach cramps. By enabling the proper digestion of lactose, these supplements significantly reduce these discomforts, leading to improved comfort and quality of life for those who previously struggled with dairy consumption.
Is Lactase Safe?
Lactase supplements are considered safe for most people. They are a natural approach to managing lactose intolerance, mimicking the function of the lactase enzyme naturally produced in the body. These supplements are simply providing an external source of the enzyme for those whose bodies do not produce enough of it. There are no major side effects associated with lactase supplements, and they are well-tolerated by most users. Their primary role is to facilitate the digestion of lactose found in dairy products, and they do so effectively without introducing harmful elements into the body. This safety profile makes lactase supplements a reliable option for people seeking to enjoy dairy products without the discomfort associated with lactose intolerance.
Medication Interactions with Lactase
- Antibiotics: Certain antibiotics may affect gut bacteria, which can indirectly influence lactose digestion and the effectiveness of lactase supplements. This is more about the antibiotic’s impact on gut flora rather than a direct interaction with lactase.
- Charcoal Tablets: If taken simultaneously, charcoal tablets can potentially absorb and reduce the effectiveness of lactase supplements. It’s advisable to space the consumption of charcoal tablets and lactase supplements.
- Digestive Acid Reducers (e.g., Proton Pump Inhibitors, H2 Blockers): While these medications reduce stomach acid, they don’t directly interact with lactase supplements. However, changes in stomach environment could potentially influence the effectiveness of lactase in breaking down lactose.
- Other Digestive Enzyme Supplements: There’s no direct negative interaction, but combining multiple digestive enzymes should be done under guidance to ensure they work effectively together and do not disrupt each other’s functions.
Supplement Interactions with Lactase
- Probiotics: While there is no direct interaction, probiotics can influence the overall health of the gut flora, which may affect lactose digestion. Lactase and probiotics can be taken together to support digestive health, but it’s beneficial to observe how your body responds to this combination.
- Digestive Enzymes (e.g., Protease, Lipase, Amylase): These enzymes work on different substrates in the digestive system. There’s no negative interaction with lactase, and they can be taken together to aid in overall digestion. However, the overall effectiveness of digestive enzymes can vary based on the individual’s specific digestive needs and health.
- Fiber Supplements: Fiber does not directly interact with lactase. However, high fiber intake can affect the movement of food through the digestive tract, potentially influencing how lactase interacts with lactose in the gut. It’s generally safe to take them together, but monitoring your body’s response is advisable.
- Calcium and Magnesium Supplements: There’s no direct interaction with lactase. However, if lactase is effective in improving dairy digestion, it can indirectly enhance calcium and magnesium absorption from dairy sources.
- Charcoal Supplements: Similar to charcoal tablets with medications, if taken simultaneously, charcoal supplements can absorb and potentially reduce the effectiveness of lactase. It’s best to space out their consumption.
- Antacid Supplements: These supplements neutralize stomach acid and are unlikely to have a direct interaction with lactase, as lactase functions in the small intestine. However, changes in the stomach’s acidity can influence overall digestive processes.
Order Lactase Online
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content.
Thank you for your support!
Lactase Formula by Nature’s Way
For individuals with lactose intolerance or difficulty in digesting dairy products.
Take three capsules as needed just prior to ingesting foods or beverages containing
dairy products or lactose. Take one capsule if you are taking medications or vitamins containing lactose.
Amount Per 3 Capsules Serving:
Lactase 10, 350 FCC units … 690mg
Although this article discusses supplements in detail, don’t forget that we are absolutely committed to the “Food First” approach to nutrition. When it comes to your health, the totality of your eating habits far surpasses the impact of individual nutrients or any single supplement you consume. Even though this article doesn’t delve into the broader picture of your overall diet, it’s crucial to keep this element at the forefront of our minds. Your food needs to provide all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals to nourish your body systems down to the cellular level.
Food choices, rather than supplements, are the most critical factors for a healthy gut microbiome. These trillions of tiny inhabitants in your gut affect your brain waves; they orchestrate your immune system. They possess the power to create molecules that can switch genes on or off and are even capable of synthesizing neurotransmitters. Opting for organic foods and steering clear of plastic packaging (including those labeled BPA-free) is a smart move to limit toxin exposure. The sum of all these parts leads to a powerful conclusion: the ultimate key to your health lies in the quality and balance of the food you consume. Supplements are secondary.
To Sum It Up
Lactase supplements offer a simple yet effective solution for managing lactose intolerance. By improving lactose digestion, these supplements significantly reduce discomfort such as bloating, gas, and diarrhea commonly associated with dairy consumption. They also expand dietary choices, allowing people to enjoy a wider range of dairy products and the nutrients they provide. This includes increased absorption of essential nutrients like calcium, vitamin D, and protein, which are crucial for bone health and overall well-being. Regular use can lead to better digestive health and a more comfortable lifestyle for those who previously struggled with dairy products. With these benefits, lactase supplements are a valuable addition to the dietary regimen of those with lactose intolerance.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.