- Caffeine: The stimulating effects of caffeine may be increased due to inhibition of metabolism or clearance of caffeine by hormone replacement therapy.
- Calcium and Vitamin D: Calcium and vitamin D may increase the absorption of hormone replacements. These supplements are recommended to improve bone mineral density during estrogen therapy.
- Red Clover Extract and Soy Isoflavones: These supplements may interfere with the activity or absorption of hormone replacement therapy.
- St. John’s Wort: St. John’s wort may alter hormone metabolism including estrogen and progesterone. This supplement is not recommended during hormone replacement therapy.
Drug-Induced Nutrient Depletion: Hormone replacement medications such as such as Estrace®, Premarin®, Prempro® have been shown to deplete Folate, Vitamin B6, B12, and Magnesium. Bioidentical hormone replacement has been shown to deplete B6. [PMC5874849]
Suggested Nutrient Replacements:
- Multivitamin: This will include Folate, Vitamin B6, B12 plus multiple other nutrients.