Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether Hawthorn supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy supplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
Welcome to our informative guide on the fascinating world of Hawthorne and its potential health benefits. Hawthorne, derived from the Crataegus plant, has a long history of traditional use and is highly regarded for its potential positive effects on cardiovascular health, anxiety relief, and more. In this article, we will delve into the science behind Hawthorne, explore its various applications, and discuss the benefits of Hawthorne capsules. If you’re looking to harness the potential of Hawthorne for your well-being, we’ll also guide you on where to buy Hawthorne capsules online, ensuring easy access to this natural remedy. Let’s embark on this journey and uncover the secrets of Hawthorne together.
What Is Hawthorn?
Hawthorn, scientifically known as Crataegus, is a flowering shrub or small tree native to Europe, North America, and Asia. It belongs to the Rosaceae family and is widely recognized for its small red berries, delicate white or pink flowers, and thorny branches. Hawthorn has a long history of use in traditional medicine, particularly for its potential cardiovascular benefits.
The leaves, flowers, and berries of the hawthorn plant are used to create various herbal preparations, including teas, extracts, and capsules. These preparations are known to contain bioactive compounds such as flavonoids, procyanidins, and oligomeric proanthocyanidins (OPCs), which are believed to contribute to the plant’s therapeutic properties.
Hawthorn is commonly used as a natural remedy to support heart health. It is believed to improve blood flow, enhance cardiac function, and regulate blood pressure. It may also have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects, potentially protecting the cardiovascular system against oxidative stress and inflammation.
Additionally, hawthorn has been associated with other health benefits, including improved digestion, reduced anxiety, and potential anti-inflammatory effects. It is important to note that while hawthorn is generally considered safe for most people, it may interact with certain medications, especially those that affect blood pressure and heart function. It is advisable to consult with a healthcare professional before using hawthorn supplements, particularly if you have any underlying health conditions or are taking medications.
In summary, hawthorn is a plant with a rich history in traditional medicine. Its potential cardiovascular benefits, along with other possible health effects, make it an interesting subject of research and a popular choice for individuals seeking natural support for heart health.
What Are The Health Benefits of Hawthorne?
Hawthorn (Crataegus spp.), a plant with a long history of use in traditional medicine, has been studied for its potential health benefits, particularly in supporting heart health. While some research has shown promising results, it is essential to note that more extensive, high-quality studies are needed to confirm its effectiveness. Some potential health benefits of hawthorn that have been investigated in research include:
- Cardiovascular health: Hawthorn has been most extensively studied for its potential benefits in supporting cardiovascular health. It contains flavonoids and other bioactive compounds that may help improve blood flow, dilate blood vessels, and strengthen the heart muscle. Some studies have suggested that hawthorn may help alleviate symptoms of heart failure, angina, and arrhythmias. However, more research is needed to confirm these effects and determine optimal dosages. The dosage for cardiovascular health can vary, but a common recommendation is 160-900 mg of hawthorn extract (standardized to 1.8-2.2% flavonoids or 18-20% procyanidins) taken 2-3 times daily.
- High blood pressure: Limited research has suggested that hawthorn may help lower high blood pressure when used in combination with other heart-healthy lifestyle changes or medications. A typical dosage for high blood pressure is 500-1,200 mg of hawthorn extract per day, but more robust clinical trials are needed to establish its effectiveness for this purpose. [PMC3350435]
- High cholesterol: Some animal studies have shown that hawthorn may help reduce cholesterol levels and improve overall lipid profiles. However, more research, particularly in humans, is needed to confirm these effects. Dosage recommendations for high cholesterol are not well-established, so it is essential to consult a healthcare professional for personalized guidance.
- Digestive health: Traditionally, hawthorn has been used to alleviate digestive issues such as indigestion and stomach cramps. Some research has suggested that hawthorn may have a positive impact on gastrointestinal health, but more studies are needed to confirm these effects. For digestive health, dosage recommendations are not well-established, so it is essential to consult a healthcare professional for personalized guidance.
- Anxiety and stress: Limited research has indicated that hawthorn may help reduce anxiety and stress due to its potential calming effects on the central nervous system. However, more studies are needed to confirm these effects and determine optimal dosages. For anxiety and stress, dosage recommendations are not well-established, so it is essential to consult a healthcare professional for personalized guidance.
When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content.
Thank you for your support!
Order Hawthorn Supplements
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
Hawthorne Max-V 250mg
Hawthorne Max-V vegetarian capsules provide a significant quantity of the flowering tops and berries of the hawthorn tree, Crataegus oxyacantha, standardized to 2% vitexin-2″ rhamnoside. Rich in bioflavonoids, extract of hawthorn has been known for centuries as a potent cardiovascular tonic, improving the function of the heart and circulatory system.
FUNCTIONS Hawthorn’s berries and flowering tops have been used medicinally for close to two millennia as a treatment for digestive problems, kidney and bladder stones, and as a diuretic. Only recently has hawthorn’s cardioprotective benefits been recognized. Today hawthorn is perceived, especially in Europe, as a prime supplement for healthy cardiovascular support. The cardiotherapeutic properties of hawthorn are due to its high content of many biologically active flavonoid compounds, including anthocyanidins, proanthocyanidins, quercetin, vitexin, vitexin ramnoside, as well as catechin and epicatechin. Hawthorn extract has been shown in human as well as animal studies to improve circulation by dilating coronary blood vessels. Dilation of these blood vessels consequently increases blood, and thus oxygen supply to the heart. Components of hawthorn extract have also been demonstrated to inhibit angiotensin-converting enzyme, thus reducing blood vessel constriction. Hawthorn extract normalizes heart rate, as well as providing a positive inotropic effect. These properties of hawthorn, together with its vasodilatory and diuretic effects, are the basis for its use in cardiovascular support.
INDICATIONS Hawthorne Vcaps vegetarian capsules may be a useful nutritional adjunct for those who wish to support their heart and circulatory system.
As a dietary supplement, adults take 1 capsule daily with meals or as directed by your healthcare professional.
Amount Per 1 Capsule Serving
English Hawthorne Herbal …250mg
Extract (berry) (Crataegus laevigata) standardized to provide 4.5 mg of
vitexin-2-rhamnoside and hyperoside
(Crataegus oxyacantha) non-standardized)
Who Might Benefit From Hawthorne Supplements?
Hawthorn supplements may be most appropriate for individuals with mild to moderate cardiovascular concerns, particularly those experiencing early-stage heart failure, high blood pressure, or irregular heartbeats. The potential benefits of hawthorn for this group of people include improved blood flow, reduced blood pressure, and support for overall heart function.
Is Hawthorne Safe?
Hawthorn supplements are generally considered safe for most people when used appropriately. These supplements have been used for centuries in traditional medicine, primarily for cardiovascular conditions, and have undergone modern scrutiny through clinical studies. The majority of research indicates that hawthorn is well-tolerated by adults when taken in recommended dosages, with minimal side effects.
Drug Interactions With Hawthorn
- Digoxin (Lanoxin): Hawthorn may increase the effects of digoxin, which can lead to potentially life-threatening side effects, such as irregular heart rhythms. This interaction can be considered serious.
- Beta-blockers (e.g., atenolol, metoprolol, propranolol): Hawthorn may enhance the effects of beta-blockers, leading to an increased risk of low blood pressure (hypotension) and slow heart rate (bradycardia). This interaction can range from moderate to serious, depending on individual circumstances.
- Calcium channel blockers (e.g., amlodipine, diltiazem, verapamil): Hawthorn may have additive effects with calcium channel blockers, potentially causing low blood pressure or slow heart rate. This interaction can be considered moderate to serious.
- Nitrates (e.g., isosorbide dinitrate, nitroglycerin): Combining hawthorn with nitrates may cause blood pressure to drop too low, which can lead to dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. This interaction can be considered moderate to serious.
- Angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors (e.g., lisinopril, enalapril, captopril): Hawthorn may potentiate the blood pressure-lowering effects of ACE inhibitors, increasing the risk of hypotension. This interaction can be considered moderate.
- Anticoagulants and antiplatelet medications (e.g., warfarin, clopidogrel, aspirin): Hawthorn may increase the risk of bleeding when taken with these medications due to its potential blood-thinning properties. This interaction can be considered moderate to serious, depending on individual circumstances.
- PDE-5 inhibitors: (e.g., sildenafil (Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis), and vardenafil (Levitra)): Hawthorn may enhance the blood pressure-lowering effects of these medications, which can result in dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting. This interaction can be considered moderate.
Supplements that Interact with Hawthorne
Interactions between hawthorn and nutritional supplements are generally less well-documented than those with medications, but there are some supplements that may interact with hawthorn. As always, it is important to consult with a healthcare professional before starting or stopping any supplement.
Some potential nutritional supplement interactions with hawthorn include:
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10): CoQ10 is an antioxidant that is found naturally in the body and is involved in energy production within cells. It is often used as a supplement to support heart health. Since hawthorn also has cardiovascular effects, combining it with CoQ10 may result in additive effects on blood pressure and heart rate. This interaction is generally considered mild to moderate.
- L-arginine: L-arginine is an amino acid that can increase nitric oxide production in the body, leading to blood vessel dilation and improved blood flow. Combining L-arginine with hawthorn may enhance the blood pressure-lowering effects of both supplements. This interaction can be considered mild to moderate.
- Potassium-sparing diuretics: Although not strictly nutritional supplements, potassium-sparing diuretics like spironolactone and amiloride can interact with hawthorn. Hawthorn has a diuretic effect, and when combined with potassium-sparing diuretics, it may increase the risk of high potassium levels (hyperkalemia). This interaction can be considered moderate.
- Fish oil/omega-3 fatty acids: Fish oil and omega-3 fatty acid supplements have blood-thinning properties and can lower blood pressure. When taken with hawthorn, there may be an additive effect on blood pressure and blood clotting. This interaction is generally considered mild to moderate.
To Sum It Up
As we conclude our comprehensive exploration of Hawthorne and its potential health benefits, it’s evident that this natural remedy holds promise for individuals seeking cardiovascular support and anxiety relief. Hawthorne has a rich history of traditional use and is backed by scientific research highlighting its positive effects. Incorporating Hawthorne capsules into your wellness routine can provide a convenient and effective way to harness its potential benefits. When purchasing Hawthorne capsules online, be sure to choose reputable sources to ensure product quality and authenticity. With Hawthorne capsules, you can take proactive steps towards promoting cardiovascular health and overall well-being. Embrace the power of Hawthorne and embark on your journey to enhanced vitality today.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.