Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether Akkermansia Probiotics supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy supplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
In the landscape of health and nutrition, few discoveries have sparked as much intrigue as the gut microbe Akkermansia. As researchers dive deeper into the human microbiome, it’s becoming evident that this tiny organism plays a massive role in our overall well-being, particularly in how our bodies manage blood sugar. Enter Pendulum’s innovative range, which harnesses the full potential of Akkermansia to aid metabolic health and achieve optimal daily blood glucose control. But here’s the real clincher: Have you heard of the blockbuster weight loss drugs Ozempic, Monjaro, etc. Akkermansia has an innate ability to produce GLP-1.
Dive in to uncover how Akkermansia is paving the way for a healthier, more balanced you through the wonders of this microscopic powerhouse.
The Human Gut: Our Very Own Microbial Bioreactor
The gut microbiome dynamic and complex ecosystem. It acts as our very own bioreactor with trillions of microorganisms, each playing its unique part in maintaining our health. Akkermansia has emerged as one of the most notable bacterial species. It makes up about 1-3% of the healthy microbiome and the lack of it is associated with diabetes and obesity.
What makes Akkermansia particularly fascinating is its ability to produce GLP-1, a hormone that holds the key to regulating blood sugar levels and appetite in humans. This remarkable bacterium thrives in our intestinal tract, silently working behind the scenes, converting our dietary fibers and other nutrients into this vital hormone.
GLP-1: A Key Regulator of Blood Sugar and Appetite
GLP-1, or Glucagon-Like Peptide-1, is a remarkable hormone released from specialized L-cells in our gut in response to food intake. What makes GLP-1 so important is it’s ability to help control our blood sugar.
GLP-1 works 2 ways. First, after we eat, GLP-1 signals the pancreas to release insulin, our body’s natural agent for controlling blood sugar. With more insulin available, glucose from our food is quickly directed into cells, preventing blood sugar spikes.
Secondly, GLP-1 influences our appetite, specifically our craving for sugars. It slows down the emptying of the stomach, giving a prolonged feeling of fullness. This delay in stomach emptying not only ensures glucose is released more gradually into the bloodstream, but it also provides a natural check against overeating or reaching out for that extra sugary snack.
In short, GLP-1 masterfully coordinates a balance, ensuring our blood sugar remains stable while also acting as a natural appetite suppressant, particularly when it comes to those hard-to-resist sugar cravings.
Who Might Benefit From Akkermansia?
Who stands to benefit most from this promising probiotic?
- People with Metabolic Concerns: People with a family history of diabetes, with prediabetes, or diabetes can benefit from Akkermansia. Preliminary research suggests Akkermansia can help regulate blood sugar levels.
- Weight Management Seekers: If you’re on a quest to shed some pounds or maintain a healthy weight, Akkermansia might be a good ally. It has shown the potential to support a healthy metabolism and influence body weight.
- People Concerned About Gut Health: For those looking to optimize their gut health, incorporating Akkermansia can be part of a broader strategy to nurture a balanced gut environment.
- Aging and Menopause: As we age, the diversity of our gut microbiome can decrease. Including Akkermansia might help counteract this decline and promote healthy aging.
- People with low levels of Akkermansia: Akkermansia populations can be measured with simple stool tests available on NutriScape Labs.
When and Why Consider Akkermansia:
If you fall into any of the demographics mentioned above, integrating an Akkermansia supplement might be worth considering. But it’s not just about belonging to a certain group. The decision to incorporate Akkermansia into your regimen might be rooted in specific health goals.
- Digestive Disturbances: If you frequently experience gut-related issues, introducing Akkermansia might help restore balance in your microbiome.
- After Antibiotic Use: Antibiotics can disrupt the natural balance of gut bacteria. Post-treatment, introducing beneficial bacteria like Akkermansia can be beneficial in re-establishing equilibrium.
- Chronic Health Conditions: For those managing chronic metabolic conditions, it’s essential to discuss with healthcare professionals. They can provide insights into how Akkermansia might fit into a broader treatment plan.
Digestive Disturbances and the Role of Akkermansia: A Deeper Dive
Anyone with digestive disturbances such as bloating, diarrhea, constipation, or chronic conditions like irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Here’s how Akkermansia can help.
- Maintaining the Gut Barrier: One of the primary roles of Akkermansia is to support the integrity of the gut lining. A healthy gut barrier ensures that nutrients are efficiently absorbed while preventing harmful substances from entering the bloodstream. When there’s a decrease in Akkermansia populations, the gut barrier can become compromised, leading to what’s often termed ‘leaky gut.’ This can result in inflammation and a host of digestive disturbances.
- Reducing Inflammatory Responses: Chronic gut-related issues often have an underlying inflammatory component. Akkermansia has shown potential anti-inflammatory properties, helping to soothe the gut and reduce inflammation-related digestive symptoms.
- Optimizing Gut Flora Balance: Digestive disturbances can arise when harmful bacteria outnumber beneficial ones. By introducing Akkermansia, you can help shift the balance towards a more health-promoting bacterial composition, which often helps digestive issues.
- Interaction with Other Microbes: The gut microbiome is all about community. Bacteria, including Akkermansia, don’t function in isolation. They interact with other microbes, producing compounds that benefit the host (that’s us!). When Akkermansia is present, it can promote the growth and function of other beneficial bacteria, creating a more harmonious gut environment.
- Strengthening Immune Responses: A large portion of our immune cells resides in the gut. By positively influencing the gut environment, Akkermansia can indirectly bolster our immune responses, leading to fewer instances of gut infections or imbalances.
A. muciniphila can influence the occurrence and development of diseases of the endocrine, nervous, digestive, musculoskeletal, and respiratory systems and other diseases. It can also improve immunotherapy for some cancers. A. muciniphila is expected to become a new probiotic in addition to Lactobacillus and Bifidobacterium. An increase in A. muciniphila abundance through direct or indirect A. muciniphila supplementation may inhibit or even reverse disease progression.Health and Disease: Akkermansia muciniphila, the Shining Star of the Gut Flora — PMC10079265
Published Research On Pendulum’s Blood Glucose Control
Researchers at Pendulum ran a placebo-controlled study that is published in the literature. [PMC7368581] They ran a 12-week study involving 76 participants with type 2 diabetes. Each participant received either a placebo, WBF-010, or WBF-011. The WBF-011 formula contains inulin, Akkermansia muciniphila, Clostridium beijerinckii, Clostridium butyricum, Bifidobacterium infantis and Anaerobutyricum hallii. The strains at the levels contained in the Blood Glucose Control product by Pendulum and they took it twice a day.
The study showed that the WBF-011 (equivalent to Pendulum’s Blood Glucose Control) had improvements in blood sugar control compared to the placebo group. The participants showed a drop in their blood sugar levels by about 36 mg over a 3-hour period and also saw improvements in their long-term sugar control, as shown by a 0.6% drop in their A1c test. Not only was the supplement shown to be safe, but it also held the potential to significantly aid in dietary diabetes management.
Safety Of Probiotics
People have been eating these good bacteria for thousands of years in fermented foods like yogurt and kimchi. They are safe and work well with our bodies, as shown by their common use in many diets around the world. Research also confirms that probiotics are generally safe for most people when taken as suggested, although people will have varying results.
When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content.
Thank you for your support!
Order Akkermansia Probiotics Online
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
Pendulum offers three products that provide Akkermansia, a notable gut bacterium, to support metabolic health and regulate blood glucose. These solutions aim to optimize daily metabolic functions and maintain balanced blood sugar levels. They include:
- Akkermansia: This product provides only the Akkermansia strain of bacteria.
- Metabolic Daily: Metabolic daily includes Akkermansia and 4 other strains of probiotics that support Akkermansia and boost the levels of GLP-1.
- Blood Glucose Control: This product includes higher levels of Akkermansia plus 4 other strains of probiotics that support Akkermansia and boost the levels of GLP-1.
Pendulum Akkermansia by Pendulum
Akkermansia is a next-generation beneficial strain that is essential for gut health.*
Novel strains: Pendulum Akkermansia holds a patented strain of Akkermansia muciniphila. It serves as one of the unique strains discovered through high-resolution DNA sequencing.
Targeted function: Pendulum Akkermansia has been linked to helping with improved gut health.* Pensulum Akkermansia contains one strain. Akkermansia muciniphia.
Next-generation strain: Akkermansia is found in 1,000+ science publications and is known as the next generation strain at the forefront of gut health.*
Suggested Use: Adults take 1 capsule daily with food, or as recommended by your healthcare professional.
Amount Per 1 Capsule Serving
Akkermansia … 100 million AFU (Akkermansia muciniphila WB-STR-0001)
Chicory Inulin … 435mg
Metabolic Daily- For Glucose Control And Healthy GI
Metabolic Daily by Pendulum
300 million AFU Per Dose
Containing live Akkermansia, Metabolic Daily optimizes metabolism to help break down fiber, sugar, and carbohydrates. Suggested Use: Adults take 1 capsule per day with food.
Amount Per 1 Capsule Serving
Probiotic Blend … 30mg (300 million AFU)
Clostridium butyricum WB-STR-0006
Clostridium beijerinckii WB-STR-0005
Anaerobutyricum hallii WB-STR-0008
Akkermansia muciniphila WB-STR-0001
Blood Glucose Control
Pendulum Glucose Control by Pendulum
2 billion AFU per dose
Glucose Control is a powerful probiotic for the management of Type 2 diabetes, packed with unique strains of good gut bacteria that unlock your body’s natural metabolic power.*
Pendulum Glucose Control contains a patented formulation of unique strains discovered through high-resolution DNA sequencing that aren’t available anywhere else.
We rigorously tested Pendulum Glucose Control to determine that our novel strains work together to help manage Type 2 diabetes symptoms and overall gut health.*
Adults take 2 capsules daily with food, one in the morning and one in the evening. Use only under physician supervision as part of a diabetes management program.
Ingredients: Chicory inulin and oligofructose, hypromellose (vegetarian capsule), proprietary probiotic blend (Clostridium butyricum WB-STR-0006, Clostridium beijerinckii WB STR-0005, Anaerobutyricum hallii WB-STR-0008, Akkermansia muciniphila WB-STR-0001, Bifidobacterium longum (infantis) Bi-26), Fruit and Vegetable Juice (color), Magnesium Stearate.
People don’t think about it much, but probiotics need to be fed the right types of fiber and plant based polyphenols to thrive. Akkermansia levels are best established and maintained with a combination of inulin fiber and polyphenols. Garlic, onions, leeks, asparagus, bananas, and whole wheat are high in inulin fiber. Berries, dark chocolate, olives, red wine, green tea, black tea, coffee, cherries, spinach, kale, almonds, and flaxseed are high in polyphenols. The polyphenol booster below was formulated to boost Akkermansia levels in the digestive tract
Polyphenol Booster by Pendulum
Boosting polyphenols and antioxidants in your diet can help
increase and maximize Akkermansia. This unique prebiotic blend
includes pomegranate, grape seed, and green tea.
Suggested Use: Take 2 capsule daily, or as recommended by your healthcare provider.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Amount per Serving
Pomegranate Extract … 375mg (Punica granatum, peel) (90% Ellagic acid)
Grape Seed Extract … 275mg (Vitis vinifera) (95% Proanthocyanidins)
Green Tea Extract … 225mg Camellia sinensis, Leaf) (95% EGCG)
To Sum It Up
The power of our gut health can’t be overstated, and the emerging research on Akkermansia and its potential in enhancing metabolic health is truly groundbreaking. Products like Metabolic Daily and Blood Glucose Control by Pendulum add supporting probiotic strains that help harness this potential and offer promising avenues for better blood glucose control. For a tailored approach to harnessing the benefits of Akkermansia and optimizing your metabolic health, we highly recommend consulting with a Registered Dietitian. They can provide personalized advice, ensuring you’re not just following a trend, but making informed decisions for your unique health journey.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.