Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether Pterostilbene supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy supplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
Pterostilbene, a compound that shares a close connection with the antioxidant resveratrol, has garnered attention for its presence in blueberries and its potential health benefits. Known for its ability to support various aspects of health, pterostilbene is praised for its antioxidant properties. These properties have been linked to supporting cognitive function, managing blood sugar levels, and maintaining heart health. This compound’s emerging profile in nutritional science suggests it could play a significant role in supporting a healthy lifestyle.
And if Pterostilbene supplements are right for you, this article will show you the best place to buy Pterostilbene online. .
What Is Pterostilbene?
Pterostilbene is a compound found in small amounts in blueberries and grapes. Its chemical structure is similar to resveratrol, another plant compound known for its health benefits. Pterostilbene stands out for its bioavailability, meaning the body can use it more efficiently than resveratrol.
Taking pterostilbene supplements may offer several health benefits. Studies suggest that it supports brain health by protecting neurons against damage. It also appears to help regulate blood sugar levels and has anti-inflammatory properties. These effects may help maintain heart health and support the body’s natural defense systems.
Researchers are looking into pterostilbene’s role in weight management as well. Early research indicates that it may influence the body’s fat storage and metabolism. However, these findings need more research before we can draw firm conclusions.
It’s also worth noting that pterostilbene supplements should complement a healthy diet and lifestyle. They are not a substitute for whole foods and the wide range of nutrients they provide. Always talk to a healthcare provider before starting any new supplement regimen.
What Is Pterostilbene?
Pterostilbene is a natural antioxidant compound found in blueberries and other plants, particularly in certain fruits and berries. It belongs to a class of compounds called stilbenoids, which are chemically related to resveratrol, another well-known antioxidant. Pterostilbene has gained attention for its potential health benefits, including anti-inflammatory, anticancer, and neuroprotective properties.
Like resveratrol, pterostilbene is thought to help protect plants from environmental stressors, such as UV radiation, pathogens, and harsh weather conditions. In humans, pterostilbene has shown potential in various aspects of health, such as improving cognitive function, supporting heart health, regulating blood sugar levels, and promoting healthy aging. However, more research is needed to fully understand its mechanisms, efficacy, and safety.
Pterostilbene is available as a dietary supplement, often in capsule or tablet form, either alone or in combination with other antioxidants, such as resveratrol. It is essential to consult a healthcare professional before using pterostilbene or any other herbal supplement, as it may interact with medications or have side effects.
What are the Benefits of Pterostilbene Antioxidant?
Pterostilbene is a natural antioxidant with potential health benefits. Some of the key health benefits of pterostilbene include:
- Antioxidant properties: Pterostilbene helps neutralize free radicals, protecting cells from oxidative stress and reducing inflammation, which may contribute to chronic diseases. [PMC3649683]
- Heart health: Pterostilbene may help improve cardiovascular health by reducing blood pressure, lowering cholesterol levels, and preventing the oxidation of LDL cholesterol.
- Blood sugar regulation: Some studies suggest that pterostilbene may help regulate blood sugar levels and improve insulin sensitivity, which could be beneficial for people with diabetes or at risk of developing diabetes.
- Cognitive function: Research indicates that pterostilbene may have neuroprotective effects, potentially improving cognitive function, memory, and learning, as well as reducing the risk of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- Anticancer properties: Pterostilbene may have potential anticancer effects by inhibiting the growth of cancer cells, inducing apoptosis (cell death), and preventing the spread of cancer cells.
- Healthy aging: Pterostilbene may help promote healthy aging by reducing inflammation, protecting cellular health, and supporting overall wellness.
Food Sources of Pterostilbene:
Although there is pterostilbene present in blueberries, it is only 100 to 500 mcg (micrograms) is equal to 0.1 to 0.5 mg (milligrams) whereas the 50 mg dose in s.the amount present in supplements. Quantifying the exact amount of pterostilbene in various food sources can be challenging due to factors like growing conditions, plant varieties, and food preparation methods. However, the following table provides a general overview of some food sources known to contain pterostilbene:
|Pterostilbene Content (approximate)
|Blueberries per 3 ounces
|99–520 µg (depending on variety)
|Grapes (mainly in the skin)
|Pterocarpus marsupium (Indian Kino tree)
|Found in the bark and heartwood
|Supplement Comparison: Pterostilbene 50 mg by Jarrow
|50,000 µg per capsule
Is Pterostilbene Safe?
When considering the safety of pterostilbene supplements, it’s reassuring to know that they are generally well-tolerated when taken in recommended doses. The compound’s natural presence in blueberries—a fruit widely consumed and known for its safety profile—adds to the comfort in its use. While research continues to ensure the utmost safety for consumers, current findings have not raised significant concerns regarding pterostilbene’s use. Nevertheless, it’s always important to consult with a healthcare provider before incorporating any new supplement into your routine, especially if you are pregnant, nursing, or have existing health conditions. They can provide guidance tailored to your health needs and ensure that any supplement complements your health plan.
Medication Interactions with Pterostilbene
- Blood Thinner Medications (Anticoagulants):
- Warfarin (Coumadin)
- Clopidogrel (Plavix)
- Cholesterol-Lowering Medications (Statins):
- Atorvastatin (Lipitor)
- Simvastatin (Zocor)
- Lovastatin (Mevacor)
- Blood Pressure Medications (Antihypertensives):
- Lisinopril (Zestril)
- Amlodipine (Norvasc)
- Diabetes Medications (Hypoglycemic Drugs):
- Metformin (Glucophage)
- Glipizide (Glucotrol)
- Glyburide (Diabeta)
- Anti-inflammatory Medications:
- NSAIDs like ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin) or naproxen (Aleve)
- Cancer Medications:
- Immune Modulators:
- Sirolimus (Rapamune)
- Tacrolimus (Prograf)
Supplement Interactions with Pterostilbene
- Vitamin C
- Vitamin E
- Herbal Supplements:
- St. John’s Wort
- Ginkgo Biloba
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids:
- Fish Oil
- Flaxseed Oil
- Blood Sugar Regulating Supplements:
- Bitter Melon
- Alpha-lipoic acid
- Blood Pressure Influencing Supplements:
- Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
- Grape Seed Extract
- Supplements that Affect Blood Clotting:
- Omega-3 fatty acids (high doses)
- Green tea extract
- Vitamin K supplements
Order Pterostilbene Online
When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content.
Thank you for your support!
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
-Calorie Restriction Mimetic*
-Supports Cardiovascular & Neurologic Health
Jarrow Formulas trans-Pterostilbene as pTeroPure is 99% pure pterostilbene. Pterostilbene is a naturally occurring, methylated form of resveratrol and has better uptake and metabolic stability in the body. Pterostilbene is a Calorie restriction mimetic that activates the sirtuin pathway.* Emerging science suggests that pterostilbene may exhibit special benefits in brain function and health.*
Take 1 capsule per day or as directed by your qualified healthcare professional.
Serving Size: One Capsule0
Amount Per Serving
trans-Pterostilbene .. 50 mg
Although this article discusses supplements in detail, don’t forget that we are absolutely committed to the “Food First” approach to nutrition. When it comes to your health, the totality of your eating habits far surpasses the impact of individual nutrients or any single supplement you consume. Even though this article doesn’t delve into the broader picture of your overall diet, it’s crucial to keep this element at the forefront of our minds. Your food needs to provide all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals to nourish your body systems down to the cellular level.
Food choices, rather than supplements, are the most critical factors for a healthy gut microbiome. These trillions of tiny inhabitants in your gut affect your brain waves; they orchestrate your immune system. They possess the power to create molecules that can switch genes on or off and are even capable of synthesizing neurotransmitters. Opting for organic foods and steering clear of plastic packaging (including those labeled BPA-free) is a smart move to limit toxin exposure. The sum of all these parts leads to a powerful conclusion: the ultimate key to your health lies in the quality and balance of the food you consume. Supplements are secondary.
To Sum It Up
Pterostilbene supplements, mirroring compounds found in nature, bring with them a suite of promising health benefits. From supporting brain health to regulating blood sugar and reducing inflammation, this supplement may play a role in maintaining overall wellness. Its similarities to resveratrol, paired with greater bioavailability, allow for more efficient use by the body. While pterostilbene is not a magic pill, it could be a valuable addition to a health-conscious lifestyle. Remember, the best approach to health is holistic, with supplements acting as potential allies on your wellness journey.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.