When you purchase linked products presented on this page, Supplement Sciences, LLC receives affiliate fees so that our dietitians can continue to create great content. Thank you for your support!
Pau d’Arco is a herbal supplement that comes from the inner bark of Tabebuia avellanedae trees native to South America. Many people find it useful for a range of health benefits, from boosting the immune system to combating fungal infections. While more research is needed to confirm these effects, early studies suggest that Pau d’Arco might offer some promising advantages. This article will break down what we currently know about this intriguing supplement and its health benefits.
And if Pau d’Arco supplements are right for you, this article will show you the best place to buy Pau d’Arco online. Supplement-Sciences has partnered with Fullscript’s professional-grade supplement formulary to provide a 20% discount on every order, so you always have access to the highest quality supplements.
What Is Pau d’Arco?
Pau d’Arco is a herbal supplement derived from the inner bark of Tabebuia trees, which grow primarily in South America. Used for centuries in traditional medicine, the bark is usually dried and brewed into a tea but is also available in supplement form. Pau d’Arco contains compounds like lapachol and beta-lapachone, which have caught the attention of researchers for their possible health benefits. While scientific studies are still underway to confirm its effects, people use Pau d’Arco for a variety of reasons, from boosting immune function to fighting off infections. This article delves into the known benefits of this herbal supplement, based on current research.
What Are the Benefits of Pau d’Arco?
Pau d’Arco has several benefits, although it’s important to note that more research is needed to confirm its effectiveness. Here are some of the key benefits:
- Antifungal properties: Compounds like naphthoquinones in Pau d’Arco may help fight off fungal infections like Candida. [PMC7571111]
- Anti-inflammatory effects: It can reduce inflammation, which is beneficial in managing conditions like arthritis. [PMID: 32707497]
- Antioxidant activity: Pau d’Arco contains antioxidants that can neutralize free radicals in the body.
- Immune system support: It may help boost the immune system, making it easier for the body to fight off various infections. [PMC7970899]
- Antiviral effects: Some studies suggest that Pau d’Arco can combat viral infections.
These benefits make Pau d’Arco a supplement that some people consider for a range of health issues, including Candida overgrowth.
Is Pau d’Arco Safe?
Pau d’Arco is generally considered safe when used as directed and in moderate amounts. Many people consume it in the form of tea or supplements without reporting significant side effects.
Medication Interactions with Pau d’Arco
- Blood Thinners: Medications like warfarin and aspirin can interact with Pau d’Arco, possibly increasing the risk of bleeding.
- Antifungals: Pau d’Arco has natural antifungal properties. Taking it alongside antifungal medications may amplify effects, which could be harmful.
- Chemotherapy Drugs: Pau d’Arco contains compounds that may interfere with the action of certain chemotherapy drugs.
- Antibiotics: Pau d’Arco has antibacterial qualities, so taking it with antibiotics could result in amplified or unpredictable effects.
- Diabetes Medications: If you’re taking medications to control blood sugar, be cautious when adding Pau d’Arco, as it may affect blood sugar levels.
- Liver Medications: Pau d’Arco may have an effect on liver enzymes, potentially interfering with medications processed by the liver.
- Immune Suppressants: Since Pau d’Arco is believed to have immune-boosting properties, it might interact with medications designed to suppress the immune system.
Supplement Interactions with Pau d’Arco
- Garlic: Both garlic and Pau d’Arco have blood-thinning properties, so taking them together could increase the risk of bleeding.
- Ginkgo Biloba: Like Pau d’Arco, ginkgo also has blood-thinning effects, and combining the two could increase the risk of excessive bleeding.
- Fish Oil: Fish oil is known for its blood-thinning characteristics, so combining it with Pau d’Arco could amplify this effect.
- Turmeric: Turmeric also has blood-thinning properties, and taking it along with Pau d’Arco could result in increased risk of bleeding.
- Echinacea: Echinacea is often used for immune system support, and since Pau d’Arco has similar properties, taking them together could amplify effects on the immune system.
- St. John’s Wort: This herb is known to affect liver enzymes, which could interact with the compounds in Pau d’Arco that are also metabolized by the liver.
- Milk Thistle: Like St. John’s Wort, milk thistle affects liver enzymes and could interact with Pau d’Arco.
- Saw Palmetto: This herb may also affect blood clotting, so it could interact with Pau d’Arco’s blood-thinning properties.
Order Pau d’Arco Online
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike Walmart, Amazon, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.Com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
Pau D’Arco by Dr. Mercola Premium Products
Adults, as a dietary supplement, take two capsules twice daily.
Serving Size: 2 Capsule
Amount Per Serving
Calcium … 30mg
Pau d’Arco (Inner Bark) … 1000mg
Pau Darco Tea by Buddha Teas
Pau darco tea is one of the many great benefits of the remarkable trees it comes from, and is considered a South American tradition.
Fresh water is essential for brewing a great cup of tea. We recommend using filtered spring water and a glass, ceramic or stainless steel pot. Use one tea bag per cup of boiling water. Cover and steep for 4-6 minutes.
Ingredients: Pau d’Arco Bark
To Sum It Up
Pau d’Arco supplements offer a range of health benefits that have made them a topic of interest in both traditional medicine and modern research. From boosting the immune system to fighting off infections, this herbal remedy has caught the attention of many. While more studies are needed to solidify these claims, the current body of research points to some promising advantages. It’s an intriguing option for those looking to explore alternative routes to wellness.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take.