Secure Ordering | Free Shipping | 20% Off Retail Prices
Along with providing information on whether Calcium D-Glucarate supplements might be right for you, this article also links to Fullscript where you can buy supplements online through Fullscript’s secure healthcare formulary and get free shipping and 20% off the retail price of professional-grade supplements.
What is Calcium D-Glucarate?
Calcium D-glucarate, a natural compound composed of calcium and D-glucaric acid, plays an indispensable role in our body’s detoxification processes. This compound can be sourced from various fruits and vegetables, making it a vital constituent of a balanced diet. Acting as a detoxification agent, Calcium D-glucarate fortifies the functionality of a significant detoxification pathway known as the glucuronidation pathway.
The glucuronidation pathway, located within the liver, has a pivotal role in maintaining our body’s well-being. This pathway involves the attachment of a glucuronic acid molecule to various toxins, carcinogens, and even excess hormones present in our body. This process transforms these harmful substances into more water-soluble forms, which can then be easily eliminated from the body via urine or bile. Thus, by boosting this pathway, Calcium D-glucarate plays an instrumental role in clearing the body of detrimental toxins and preventing their accumulation.
Calcium D-glucarate’s role isn’t limited to detoxification alone. It has an impactful role in regulating the body’s hormonal balance. Since hormones are also metabolized in the liver, this substance aids in maintaining hormonal equilibrium by effectively processing excess hormones and assisting in their expulsion from the body.
By minimizing toxin buildup and facilitating optimal hormone balance, Calcium D-glucarate promotes overall health and wellness. Its beneficial role extends to potentially reducing the risk of hormone-dependent cancers, promoting liver health, and enhancing the body’s natural defense mechanisms. Therefore, this naturally-occurring compound has a profound impact on maintaining the body’s internal health, emphasizing its importance in supporting our body’s fundamental processes.
What are the Health Benefits of Calcium D-glucarate?
Calcium D-Glucarate has several health benefits due to its role in the body’s detoxification process. Below are some of its potential health benefits:
- Detoxification: Calcium D-Glucarate aids in detoxifying the body by supporting the glucuronidation pathway in the liver. This process helps remove toxins, carcinogens, and excess hormones from the body, which may otherwise have negative impacts on our health. [PMID: 12197785]
- Hormone Balance: By aiding in the removal of excess hormones, Calcium D-Glucarate can help maintain hormonal balance in the body. This is especially relevant for estrogen and testosterone, where an imbalance can lead to various health conditions such as menopause symptoms, PMS, and prostate issues. It is helpful in endometriosis. [PMC4790140]
- Cancer Prevention: Some studies have suggested that Calcium D-Glucarate may play a role in cancer prevention, particularly hormone-dependent cancers like breast, prostate, and colon cancer. By reducing the amount of beta-glucuronidase, an enzyme that can interfere with glucuronidation, Calcium D-Glucarate may help reduce the risk of these cancers. [PMID: 7744577]
- Liver Health: The liver is a key organ for detoxification in the body. By supporting one of the liver’s primary detoxification pathways, Calcium D-Glucarate can contribute to overall liver health and function.
- Lowering Cholesterol: There’s some evidence that Calcium D-Glucarate can help lower LDL (bad) cholesterol levels, potentially reducing the risk of heart disease. [PMID: 12197785]
Of course, more extensive clinical studies are needed to fully understand the impacts and benefits of Calcium D-Glucarate. It’s also essential to consult a healthcare provider before starting a new supplement regimen.
Is Calcium D-Glucarate Safe?
Calcium D-Glucarate is generally considered safe as a dietary supplement, with rare side effects, often limited to minor gastrointestinal discomfort. However, since it aids in eliminating substances from the body, it may affect the absorption or efficacy of certain medications. Therefore, those on prescription medications, with pre-existing health conditions, or who are pregnant or nursing, should consult a healthcare provider before starting a Calcium D-Glucarate regimen.
- Birth Control Pills or Hormone Replacement Therapy: Calcium D-glucarate may interact with estrogen-based medications by potentially decreasing their effectiveness. This interaction is considered moderate, and it is advised to consult with a healthcare professional to determine the appropriate timing and dosage of both Calcium D-glucarate and estrogen-based medications.
- Tamoxifen: Calcium D-glucarate may interact with tamoxifen, a medication commonly used for breast cancer treatment, by potentially reducing its effectiveness. This interaction is considered moderate, and it is important to discuss the use of Calcium D-glucarate with your healthcare provider if you are taking tamoxifen.
- Chemotherapy Drugs: There is a theoretical concern that Calcium D-glucarate may interfere with the effectiveness of certain chemotherapy drugs. It is essential to inform your healthcare team about any supplements you are taking, including Calcium D-glucarate, to ensure the best treatment outcomes.
- Statin Medications (e.g., Simvastatin, Atorvastatin): Calcium D-glucarate may interact with statin medications, which are used to lower cholesterol levels, by potentially reducing their effectiveness. This interaction is considered minor, and it is advisable to consult with your healthcare provider before combining Calcium D-glucarate with statin medications.
- Immunosuppressant Medications: Calcium D-glucarate may affect the metabolism of certain immunosuppressant medications, potentially altering their effectiveness. It is crucial to consult with a healthcare professional if you are taking immunosuppressant medications before using Calcium D-glucarate.
- Probiotics: Calcium D-glucarate may affect the effectiveness of certain probiotic supplements. It is advisable to separate the timing of Calcium D-glucarate and probiotic intake to avoid any potential interaction.
- Fiber Supplements: Fiber supplements, particularly those containing soluble fiber, may interfere with the absorption of Calcium D-glucarate. To ensure optimal absorption, it is recommended to take Calcium D-glucarate and fiber supplements at different times of the day. Seeking advice from a healthcare professional is advisable.
- Vitamin C: High doses of vitamin C may decrease the effectiveness of Calcium D-glucarate. It is generally recommended to avoid taking high-dose vitamin C supplements at the same time as Calcium D-glucarate. Speak to your healthcare provider for specific guidance on timing and dosage.
- Multivitamins: Some multivitamin formulations may contain calcium, which can interfere with the absorption of Calcium D-glucarate. It is advisable to choose a multivitamin that does not contain calcium or to separate the timing of Calcium D-glucarate and multivitamin intake. Consulting with a healthcare professional can provide personalized recommendations.
- Iron Supplements: Calcium D-glucarate may reduce the absorption of iron supplements. It is recommended to take Calcium D-glucarate and iron supplements at different times to avoid any potential interference. Discuss with your healthcare professional for appropriate timing and dosing instructions.
Food Sources of Calcium D-Glucarate
Calcium D-Glucarate is found naturally in a variety of fruits and vegetables. This includes oranges, apples, grapefruit, and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli, cabbage, and Brussels sprouts, along with smaller amounts in certain nuts and seeds. Despite being present in these commonly consumed foods, the exact quantity of Calcium D-Glucarate they provide is quite low, and it can be challenging to achieve significant levels of this substance solely from dietary sources. Therefore, while a balanced diet incorporating these foods can contribute to our body’s supply of Calcium D-Glucarate, those seeking to increase their levels significantly for health benefits might also consider supplements.
Order Calcium D-Glucarate
Why Professionals Choose the Fullscript Formulary
Your health is on the line. Health professionals know that many other online and retail options set a very low bar for quality–sometimes amazingly low. The Fullscript formulary is the most secure online source for the highest quality brands securely sourced to assure freshness and purity. Here’s what makes Fullscript the best:
- Meticulous vetting of brand quality. Health professionals trust Fullscript to continuously monitor the quality of each item on the platform. Other retailers operate with profit as their highest or only motive when choosing brands. Fullscript cares only about quality and reliability. Unlike discount stores, large online marketplaces, and other retailers you won’t find ingredients sourced from China or other questionable locations or companies.
- Always 20% Discount off the manufacturer’s retail price. When you follow any link from Supplement-Sciences.com, you will automatically get 20% off the retail price.
- Free shipping over $50.
- Freshness. Fullscript prioritizes freshness over bulk buying even if it means an increased risk of briefly being out of stock.
- Top quality phone and online support. When you call, knowledgeable humans at Fullscript answer your questions.
- How It Works:
- Easy Sign-up & No Spam Email: Click the “View Product” button below to be taken to Fullscript’s login page where you can quickly create your secure account with just your name, email, and phone number. Then you will be taken directly to the product page.
- Wide variety of supplement options: Once you sign in to your account, you are not limited to the products listed below. You will see similar items listed at the bottom of each product page on Fullscript.
- Search For What You Want: Once inside Fullscript, you can search for the exact brands and products you want from their wide selection of quality brands.
Calcium D-Glucarate by Thorne
Amount Per 1 Capsule Serving:
Calcium … 62mg
Calcium D-Glucarate … 500mg
Although this article discusses supplements in detail, don’t forget that we are absolutely committed to the “Food First” approach to nutrition. When it comes to your health, the totality of your eating habits far surpasses the impact of individual nutrients or any single supplement you consume. Even though this article doesn’t delve into the broader picture of your overall diet, it’s crucial to keep this element at the forefront of our minds. Your food needs to provide all the vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytochemicals to nourish your body systems down to the cellular level.
Food choices, rather than supplements, are the most critical factors for a healthy gut microbiome. These trillions of tiny inhabitants in your gut affect your brain waves; they orchestrate your immune system. They possess the power to create molecules that can switch genes on or off and are even capable of synthesizing neurotransmitters. Opting for organic foods and steering clear of plastic packaging (including those labeled BPA-free) is a smart move to limit toxin exposure. The sum of all these parts leads to a powerful conclusion: the ultimate key to your health lies in the quality and balance of the food you consume. Supplements are secondary.
To Sum It Up
Calcium D-Glucarate holds great potential as a critical component of our body’s detoxification system. By facilitating the glucuronidation pathway, it promotes the removal of toxins, carcinogens, and excess hormones, helping to maintain an optimal internal environment. Its potential health benefits, ranging from hormone balance and cancer prevention to liver health and skin wellness, make it a noteworthy substance for those aiming to enhance their body’s natural detoxification processes.
Although more research is needed to fully comprehend and validate its health benefits, the existing studies present an encouraging perspective on its possible roles. Given that Calcium D-Glucarate is a naturally occurring compound found in various fruits and vegetables, it is a health-enhancing substance that could be a valuable addition to a well-balanced diet.
This Article is Not a Substitute for Medical Advice
Dietary supplements are not designed to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. The Supplement Sciences website seeks to provide comprehensive access to the most relevant supplement information along with convenient online ordering. We do not provide medical advice and cannot guarantee that every product suggested is completely without risk. Since each person is unique in their health history and medication use, it is important to discuss supplements with your personal physician. Specifically, pregnant women and individuals being treated for cancer or liver or kidney problems must consult their physician about every nutritional supplement they plan to take. People taking medications for the treatment of HIV or with a history of organ transplant must not take supplements without consulting with their physician.